I feel like one of the biggest stress factors as a parent is communication with your child! When they are little, they don’t speak. As they grow, they learn to speak, which can be frustrating for both parties! It literally is like speaking two different languages.
As they learn and grow, it is so easy to throw our hands in the air in defeat, in anger, in disappointment, even in tears! It is moments like these, we should sit back for a minute, assess the situation and say something encouraging to the little humans we made.
Thanks to friends and family, I have compiled a list of great things to say to your little one if you are running out of ideas and feel the need for fresh, new things to inspire your kiddo!
20 Encouraging Phrases For Your Child
- Things are looking up
- That was a smart decision
- You are beautiful or handsome
- You did your best
- I’m so proud of you
- I love you
- Never, ever give up
- Being your mom/dad makes me so happy
- Doing your best is what matters most
- Keep rocking it, even if it isn’t working right now
- There is only one you – and YOU are amazing
- Be happy
- I love the choices you are making
- You can do/be anything
- I know “better” is in you, we just need to help him/her out
- I love how you…….(describe exactly what they did/said)
- You can do it
- I believe in you
- You did it
- You are so brave
Some of these you may already use, but they are great reminders to always be positive and uplift your little ones! Let’s raise an awesome next generation, guys!
THIS BLOG WAS WRITTEN BY A GUEST WRITER AND EDITED BY RACHEL RISING.