A baby’s sleep (or lack thereof) can make or break a new family! A sleeping baby can make all the difference in the world, and believe it or not, can be often easily influenced by a couple of key tips and tricks. Here are a few tips and tricks on how to get better sleep after your new bundle arrives. Incorporating these simple things into your nighttime routine can really help the entire family sleep better!
Tips and Tricks to Ensure a Restful Night for You and Baby
#1 A Soothing Soak
- A relaxing bath time with warm water and calming bubbles will prepare your baby for a deep sleep.
- Make sure the bath water is the right temperature (Use a floating bath thermometer to help).
- After a tranquil bath, make sure to keep your baby warm by bundling them in a soft and luxurious towel. We LOVE these hooded towels right now!
- Gently rub their lotion over their body.
- Wrap your baby up in cozy pajamas. We are so into magnetic jammies by Magnificent Baby right now!
#3 Bedtime Snack
- Whether you nurse, bottle feed, or prepare some food for a bedtime snack, it always feels good to go to bed with a happy tummy. We love apple slices or bananas for the older kids.
#4 Swaddle or Snuggle
- As grown-ups, we can curl under the covers to get nice and warm…but how is your little one staying warm throughout the night?
- There are so many options to choose from in the world of swaddles.
5. Comforting sounds
- White noise has always been a great comfort to newborns, after being in mom’s womb for nine months. Older babies and toddlers also get really accustomed to and comfortable with white noise to drown out distracting noises. We love the Hatch sound machine because it functions as an “OK to wake” clock as well and can be controlled remotely from your phone.
We hope this does not only help your baby sleep, but let mom and dad sleep some more as well 🙂
Here are some other articles that may answer some of your parenting or gear related questions!
- The advantages of baby wearing.
- Pickles and Ice Cream Pregnancy Blog – Week by Week
- What size DockATot does my baby need?
- Which Halo BassiNest is the best for you and your newborn?