I NEVER KNEW THAT BREASTMILK DID THAT…..
Brought to you by the experts at Baby Logic & Medela
- A breastfeeding session lasts an average of 16 minutes
- Almost 3/4 of moms produce more milk in their right breast
- Babies will drink more milk from the breast that is offered first
- The average time it takes for a mom’s milk to let-down, or start flowing, during a breastfeeding session is 56 seconds
- About 1/3 of moms can’t sense their let-down (the feeling when your milk comes in)
- Babies breastfeed until they’re full, not until they “empty your breast”
- On average, babies remove 67% of the milk you have available, which ranges from mom to mom.
- Whether you are breastfeeding or pumping, the amount of milk removed and its fat content will be similar in nature
- Your milk sprays out of many holes, not just one
- Years ago, breast pumps resembled turkey basters (WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY!)
- No matter your size, you will make enough milk for your baby
- Certain nutrients found in breast milk are responsible for developping your baby’s brain and nervous system
- Breast milk contains special antibodies that help build immunity and fight infections
- 77 % of breastfeeding/pumping moms get outside help from lactation consultants
- 74% of babies have been breastfed
- 43% still breastfed at 6 months
- 21% still breastfed at 1 year
- At birth, your breast milk is called colostrum. It is extremely rich in antibodies and gives your baby a giant immunity boost.
A great pump goes a long way!
Check out our entire selection of Medela products HERE:
Breastfeeding and pumping is hard work, which is why having a great pump means everything. Whether you’re a mom-on-the-go, working mom, stay-at-home mama, or just want to stockpile some liquid gold, invest in a great pump. BONUS, is that what most insurance companies will reimburse you for the cost of your pump. So, pumping mamas unite!
Baby Logic may earn a small commission for any endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support our work in bringing you real and logical information about parenthood and babies.
Craving more sweet pregnancy guidance?
Tell us your due date and we'll deliver the scoop straight to your inbox each week!