I NEVER KNEW THAT BREASTMILK DID THAT…..
Brought to you by the experts at Baby Logic & Medela
- A breastfeeding session lasts an average of 16 minutes
- Almost 3/4 of moms produce more milk in their right breast
- Babies will drink more milk from the breast that is offered first
- The average time it takes for a mom’s milk to let-down, or start flowing, during a breastfeeding session is 56 seconds
- About 1/3 of moms can’t sense their let-down (the feeling when your milk comes in)
- Babies breastfeed until they’re full, not until they “empty your breast”
- On average, babies remove 67% of the milk you have available, which ranges from mom to mom.
- Whether you are breastfeeding or pumping, the amount of milk removed and its fat content will be similar in nature
- Your milk sprays out of many holes, not just one
- Years ago, breast pumps resembled turkey basters (WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY!)
- No matter your size, you will make enough milk for your baby
- Certain nutrients found in breast milk are responsible for developping your baby’s brain and nervous system
- Breast milk contains special antibodies that help build immunity and fight infections
- 77 % of breastfeeding/pumping moms get outside help from lactation consultants
- 74% of babies have been breastfed
- 43% still breastfed at 6 months
- 21% still breastfed at 1 year
- At birth, your breast milk is called colostrum. It is extremely rich in antibodies and gives your baby a giant immunity boost.
A great pump goes a long way!
Check out our entire selection of Medela products HERE:
Breastfeeding and pumping is hard work, which is why having a great pump means everything. Whether you’re a mom-on-the-go, working mom, stay-at-home mama, or just want to stockpile some liquid gold, invest in a great pump. BONUS, is that what most insurance companies will reimburse you for the cost of your pump. So, pumping mamas unite!