Baby Sleep... How can you make the most of it!
A baby's sleep (or lack thereof) can make or break a new family! A sleeping baby can make all the difference in the world, and believe it or not, can be often easily influenced by a couple of key tips and tricks.
Try these tips and tricks to ensure a restful night’s sleep for you and baby.
1. A soothing soak
- A relaxing bath time with warm water and calming bubbles will prepare your baby for a deep sleep.
- Make sure the bath water is the right temperature (Use our digital temperature tester by summer infant to help).
- We have several natural and great smelling soaps here at Bibs to use, including Aden + Anais, Little Twig, and Wild Carrot.
- After a tranquil bath, make sure to keep your baby warm by bundling them in a soft and luxurious towel (We have many prints by Aden and Anais to choose from!).
- Gently rub their lotion in (We carry Aden and Anais, Dayspa Body Basics, Buckaroo Organics, Dayspa Body Basics, and Wild Carrot).
- Wrap your baby up in cozy pajamas (We have Aden and Anais muslin onesies).
- Whether you nurse, bottle feed, or prepare some food for a bedtime snack, it always feels good to go to bed with a happy tummy. We love apple slices or bananas for the older kids.
- We carry a wide range of stainless bottles and sippys (Pura Stainless), glass bottles (LifeFactory) and also Medela bottles, pumps and pumping accessories.
- We also have on hand all kinds of Aden and Anais burp rags and snap bibs, and Boon feeding tools to help prepare and clean up your bedtime snack.
- As grown-ups, we can curl under the covers to get nice and warm…but how is your little one staying warm throughout the night?
- We have Aden and Anais, Ergobaby, Halo and Summer Infant swaddles at Bibs.
- We also have Aden and Anais and Halo sleep sacks for those babies who don’t like to be swaddled up tight, or those toddlers who still don’t keep blankets on them throughout the night!
- White noise has always been a great comfort to newborns, after being in mom’s womb for nine months. Older babies and toddlers also get really accustomed to and comfortable with white noise to drown out distracting noises.
- We offer the Serenity Star by Aden and Anais, which is great for many other reasons than just a sound machine.
- We also offer Cloud B products – tons of sound machines and night lights to help them peacefully drift to sleep.
We hope this does not only help your baby sleep, but let mom and dad sleep some more as well :)
Did this help? Then check out or blogs including: